BBC Alba will continue their children’s schedule between 5 and 7pm every day with an additional mix of fun educational programmes to support learning and share ideas for things to make and do over the coming weeks. (From 14th April)
- A’ Bhùth/The Shop – maths for children aged 3-7 at 3.40pm every Tuesday and Thursday.
- Baile Mhuilinn/Milltown – support language development for ages 3-7 every Monday and Friday
There will be also be a learning collection available online or on the BBC iPlayer website.
- Loma Rud – writing for 7-9 year old
- SNAS – writing for 9-11 years old.
- Saorsa – Maths for 10-12 years old.
- Air Ghleus – music for 10-12 year old.
- Saidheans Spòrsail/Fun Science – which is aimed at children aged 7-12 will allow children to try their own science experiences at home. Every Tuesday 6.10pm
- Aithne air Ainmhidhean/All about Animals – a series about animals and their habitats which aids knowledge of diverse cultures across the world.
BBC Alba can be accessed on Sky 141, FreeView Channel or on iPlayer BBC for up to 30 days. https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/group/p088vlnb
BBC Alba also have a YouTube Channel where you can access a lot of the videos that are on BBC Alba.
Bòrd na Gàidhlig, along with partners such as Comunn na Gàidhlig and Fèisean nan Gàidheal, have created a programme of online events to promote the use of Gaelic at home. It's a timetable of events with links to the websites where they’ll take place.
The programme will continue to develop over the coming weeks, so make sure to check back often for the latest info.
CnP Glasgow Videos
CnP Glasgow Videos
Pages containing several short videos on parents' choices, how GME works for them and the advice they would give to parents who are considering Gaelic Medium Education as an option for their family.
Corona-bhìoras, A Book for Children
A book that has been translated into Gaelic by Acair telling children information about Coronavirus in a way which is appropriate to children and in a way that they will understand.
Here you will find a range of activities to support your child’s learning through the medium of Gaelic. The activities are designed to help children and young people use Gaelic at home. There are some activities that your child can do on their own or as a family.