BBC Alba will continue their children’s schedule between 5 and 7pm every day with an additional mix of fun educational programmes to support learning and share ideas for things to make and do over the coming weeks. (From 14th April)
- A’ Bhùth/The Shop – maths for children aged 3-7 at 3.40pm every Tuesday and Thursday.
- Baile Mhuilinn/Milltown – support language development for ages 3-7 every Monday and Friday
There will be also be a learning collection available online or on the BBC iPlayer website.
- Loma Rud – writing for 7-9 year old
- SNAS – writing for 9-11 years old.
- Saorsa – Maths for 10-12 years old.
- Air Ghleus – music for 10-12 year old.
- Saidheans Spòrsail/Fun Science – which is aimed at children aged 7-12 will allow children to try their own science experiences at home. Every Tuesday 6.10pm
- Aithne air Ainmhidhean/All about Animals – a series about animals and their habitats which aids knowledge of diverse cultures across the world.
BBC Alba can be accessed on Sky 141, FreeView Channel or on iPlayer BBC for up to 30 days. https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/group/p088vlnb
BBC Alba also have a YouTube Channel where you can access a lot of the videos that are on BBC Alba.
3.30-4.45 every Friday. Registration is limited and to be done through Eventbright. Opportunity for young people from across the country to speak together.
A new channel created by Calum Ferguson and Donald Forbes. There are football challenges each week – all in Gaelic. You can also upload your own videos of you doing the challenges. Give them on a follow on Facebook and Twitter too – FC Sonas.
Short videos in Gaelic with a shinty challenge on each of them, all in Gaelic. A great resource especially to use during the summer holidays for young shinty players!